T5 Coon Collar
Garmin T5 GPS Dog Collar Coon Dog for the Astro 430 and 320
Reflective Strap and Antenna and Adventure Light included!
The Garmin Astro T5 is here! This rugged, all-weather collar has a high-sensitivity, top-mounted GPS and GLONASS-enabled receiver that works with the Astro® 320 handheld. The Garmin Astro T5’s ability to track additional satellites using a combined GPS and GLONASS system helps locate your dog more quickly and maintain location even in heavy tree cover or deep valleys, canyons, and mountains. A braided steel VHF antenna replaces the flexible antennas of previous DC-series collars to add additional reliability and achieves a range of up to 9 mi, depending on the terrain.
- Increased Tracking Ability: Garmin’s Astro T5 has a high-sensitivity, top-mounted GPS receiver (very similar to Garmin Alpha TT15 collars) is now enabled to receive signals from GLONASS (Global Navigation Satellite System) satellites. This adds more satellites your collar can connect with, helping eliminate dropped satellite connections.
- Rescue Mode: Another new feature to the Garmin Astro dog tracking line of products is the Rescue Mode (currently available in the Garmin Alpha series). The Rescure Mode is a battery saving function that, when activated, automatically switches your collar update rate to once every 2 minutes (120 seconds) when the battery has declined to 25% of a full charge. This feature is designed to give users several additional hours to retrieve a dog before the Garmin Astro T5 collar battery dies. This feature is an optional feature and can be turned off if a user doesn’t wish to have their update rate changed.
- Better VHF Antenna: The Garmin T5 sports a longer, more flexible VHF antenna made of aircraft-grade braided steel. Astro T5 antennas are available in both 18.5” and 22.5”. The Garmin T5 dog collar will come with the Garmin long range 22.5” antenna mounted on the collar and the standard tracking Garmin antenna of 18.5″ will also be included in the box.
- Easily Changeable Collar Straps: The Garmin 320 T5 collar set up is very similar to the Garmin Alpha TT15. The collar straps on the Astro T5, as with the Garmin Alpha TT15 collars, easily slide through the sections on the collar box, therefore eliminating the need for any tools when you want to quickly change collar straps. Any 1″ dayglo type collar (or TriTronics EXP strap) will slide right onto your tracking unit in seconds. A huge plus with this setup is that you can also slide on an EXP or any other shock collar with a 1” strap, and then slide on your T5, allowing for fewer collars on your dog. Outdoor Dog Supply’s collar are special made with closer hole spacing than aftermarket collar makers, this is important to get the best fit possible for your pet. In addition, you can opt for Ring or No Ring by the buckle.
- Improved Charging Ability/Options: The charging port on the T5 collar is very different from the Garmin DC30 collars, DC40 collars, and Alpha TT10 collars. There is no more separate charging clip (one less part to lose). The clip is permanently attached to the cord; however the cord is not permanently attached to the wall charger. The cord comes with the standard USB interface base that you can plug in 3 different ways – 3 different connection options when you need to charge: (1) you can plug into an AC outlet, (2) a vehicle charge port, or the (3) USB port on a computer. This is especially nice feature since you can also use this to update your Garmin T5 collar directly from the computer when it’s time to run a software update on your collar. All you will have to do is attach the charging clip, plug your T5 into your computer through the USB port and run Garmin Web Updater.
- New T5 Tone Indicator: Another new feature Garmin has created that was not available in the previous DC30 and DC40 GPS dog collars is an audible tone it provides when you successfully add a collar to your Garmin Astro 320-T5 handheld. This tone confirms that you have added the correct collar when there are other collars in the immediate vicinity. A tone will also sound when you successfully change most settings on your Astro 320-T5 combo. As an example: when you change dog type to “pointing dog,” your Garmin 320 T5 will beep to let you know you did it right.
- PIN Lock: The PIN Lock function allows the Garmin user to select and store a 4-digit code for each of their DC collars so no one else can track their dogs without inputting the code. Although this is not a must-have feature in most hunting situations, it could be very useful in field trials, competitions, or when you’re out with a large group of fellow dog runners and their dogs are also equipped with DC and Garmin Astro collars.
- Adjustable Dog Type: Using the updated Astro 430, you can change the type for each of your dogs wearing a T5 to reflect what they’re doing. Your options are 1) Pointing, 2) Treeing, 3) Auto, and 4) None. This lets your Astro know that when your dog is sitting still, he or she could still be on point or have game treed.
- Power Button Placement: The power button on the Garmin Astro T5 collar has been relocated to the back of the collar box (similar location to the Garmin Alpha TT15 collar) the button is up against the dogs neck, instead of on the side like the previous DC collar versions. The move with help protect the Astro T5 from being accidentally switched off by other collars on your dog, or during random situations like sharp rocks, fallen branches, or other crazy things that can happen during the chase. In addition, the back side improved placement will also provide more protection from everyday wear and tear, which is a bonus because Garmin DC30s and DC40s have come in with cracks or holes in the rubber cover that seals the power button; this allows moisture to get inside the device and cause corrosion in the electronics, killing the collar.
- Protective Antenna Sleeve: The Garmin T5 are set up very similar to the Garmin Alpha TT15’s, therefore you will no longer have to purchase Outdoor Dog Supply’s protective nylon jacket, use zip ties, or use electrical tape to secure your loose antennas. The new Garmin 320 T5 collars come with a thick, durable rubber cover that not only protects the antenna core, but also keeps your antenna in the proper placement to receive satellite signals. The antenna cover is very durable and can be cleaned easily, which is great if your hound has been through the swamp mud to chase down game.
- Track Up To 20 Dogs: There has been no change to the amount of dogs the Garmin Astro 320 can track.
- Wireless Collar Updates: With the Astro 430 you can update collar software on the fly! This will allows you to perform some trouble shooting as well even if your in the cab of your truck in the middle of the woods.
In the Box:
- Garmin Astro T5 GPS wireless transmitter GPS dog collar with a 22.5″ long range antenna on your choice of colored collar strap
- 18.5″ standard antenna
- AC adapter
- Vehicle charging adapter
- Charging cable
- Quick start manual
Collar length: 12″ (30.5 cm) to 20″ (50.8 cm) adjustable collar
- 7.2 oz (212.0 g) for transmitter and antenna
- 10.2 oz (228.0 g) total weight
Battery: Li-Ion rechargeable
Battery life: 26-54 hours (user adjustable transmit rate of 5, 10, 30 or 120 seconds)
Waterproof: 10 m (33 ft)
High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- High-sensitivity, top-mounted GPS/GLONASS receiver
- Braided stainless steel VHF antenna
- Improved battery life of 26 to 54 hours, depending on update rate
- Dog position updates every 5-, 10-, 30- or 120-seconds
- Nine mile range, depending on terrain
- Collar Lock prevents unauthorized Astro users from tracking your dog
- Tough, rugged and waterproof to 10 m (33 ft)
Garmin T5 Collars